This was my face when I found out about Sinclair. Surprise, I’m a crazy time-travelling human doing a reverse Chrysalis!
(Source: talkingdarkspawn, via fuckyeahb5)
"My shoes are too tight and I have forgotten how to dance."
This would almost sum up this episode, except that Londo hasn’t forgotten. He just never has the chance.
"No one here is exactly as he appears."
- G’Kar (with no lies detected)
This episode’s episode of Things I Love:
- Let it be said that this episode did everything that the later arc tried to do with Lyta and Byron (gag, please don’t subject me to that again) in one quiet, succinct and pretty watchable episode. We had the Psi Corps and Talia using logic to go against The System in that quiet and rational way that she consistently has.
- Susan. Ivanova. I don’t know of an episode where I don’t love Ivanova, but the seeds of her being openly antagonistic against the Psi Corps were planted here only to germinate over the course of the series. She also probably gets best quote of the episode. (But G’Kar’s is more Deep and Plot Oriented, so I chose that instead.)
- Shout out to the fashion on display here. Those robes and hats are just a wonder. I really want tickets to B5 Fashion Week.
I’m back and Bester than ever.
That’s right. Three years later, folks, and it’s time to watch “Mind War”. Psi Cops wait for no one. And when you’re Walter Koenig, you wait even less. But when you’re Bester, well, everyone finds their way to stall a little.
more coming later & astronomizing londo
As you might have noticed my rewatch of B5, as is any rewatch I randomly start, is not quick nor is it consistent. However, tonight I feel like watching some B5 and thus things continue. We’re back in business!
That said, in class the other day we were discussing Alpha Centauri and I totally drew lots of little Londos next to my notes with different quotes, one of which definitely was, “But in purple - I’m stunning!”
Londo, however, will not be on the exam. Woe.
Londo approves. Cat ≠ duck.
Why can’t I have a cat that watches Babylon 5?
the parliament of dreams
"Ambassador, it is not my place to speculate on how anything gets into your bed."
- the fierce Na’Toth
This episode’s episode of Things I Love (and one thing I don’t):
- G’KAR. AND NA’TOTH! These two are so hilariously perfect together in all of the right ways that it’s pure comedic gold. I love this episode in particular because we get to see a wholly different side of G’Kar than the serious one of the first few episodes. His facial expressions in this episode were of another level entirely. Na’Toth has perfected bored sarcasm. I forgot how much I enjoyed this one.
- LENNNNNNNIER. How I’ve been waiting for you to show up, my dear! You can look Delenn in the eyes, it’s okay, she doesn’t bite. I completely forgot that Lennier was introduced in this episode and so I had to surpress a squeal of happiness when I saw him. My Minbari dream team is now complete.
- Londo. Is Perfect. In Purple.
pretty in pink?
- The one thing I couldn’t get behind, and never could, is the terrible Sinclair/Catherine bit. Terrible music plays in the background of every scene that sounds like it could be sort of light porn soundtrack. I know Sinclair needs some sort of history, but, really? Blah. No thanks.
"Did I ever tell you that you are very cute for a Minbari? Even you are cute, in an annoying sort of way. Everybody’s cute! Everybody’s cute! Even me. But in purple… I’m stunning!"
As if I could leave this one out. A bit of Londo perfection.
This is me. Before I start another episode. Really.
(WHY SO ADORBS JOHN SHERIDAN?!)
…and so it begins!
The gif spammage, that is.